Monday, October 1, 2012

Nail-Aween Challenge: Day 1 - Water Marble

I figured I would get this challenge started right away.  I had been thinking about it for the past week now.  So here it is... Day 1 - Water Marble.  For this marble I tried once and failed.  The black I used, wasn't so black.  It was too gray for me, so I changed up the polish a bit and ended up with this.
I went ahead and added some dots with my dotting tools on the areas where there was large spots of solid colors and... I filled those up with little dots :) I'm sorry my nails are so short here, I broke 3 of them when I was at Six Flags this past weekend :(

Mani details: Sally Hansen Complete Care 4-in-1 (base), Essie - Fear or Desire (1 coat)... OPI - Black Onyx & Essie - Fear or Desire for marbling... Seche Vite DF TC (1 coat)

Let me know what you all think :)  Thanks for the feedback... Now on to the next one!
<3Jlynn

14 comments:

  1. Amazing! I'm still too chicken to try water marbling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first few times I tried it, it was messy. Then I saw someone taped up their fingers, for less mess to clean up. So it takes practice, but looks really cool every time! :)

      Delete
  2. These are amazing - my water marble sucks in comparison!! AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg aren't you the freehand PRO!? I bet you could draw this marble and it would look better than watermarble :)

      Delete
    2. Shut the front door, that's an even better idea - why didn't I think of that!!

      Delete
  3. This is so great! I need to take some pointers from the pro;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, thank you thank you. Not a PRO yet :) but that was nice to say. <3

      Delete
  4. I Love it! I really like the dots you added too! Great job chica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like it looked sort of empty even after I did the marble so, i added some dots! :) <3 I need to learn from you long nails dont care! :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a lovely marble. At least you broke your nails doing something fun. I would LOVE to go to six flags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I spent a long time trying to grow them out... I guess they just couldn't handle that much fun yet. I should wear gloves or something next time :'( Thank you for commenting <3

      Delete
    2. I know how you feel. It takes me weeks to grow them past nubbins, and then they break. :-(

      Delete